Our legacy in big iron management and New Zealand-based Type-R interlinked data centres make Revera a leading provider of utility computing infrastructure and enterprise data management.
We deliver high integrity computing infrastructure, enterprise storage, and data management services to New Zealand businesses and partners.
Founded in 2002 and 100 percent locally owned, our success is built on locally-based synchronised data centres and a technology platform providing readily scalable enterprise computing infrastructure.
Today, over 200 New Zealand businesses are plugged into what we call the Revera Homeland™.
- Revera milestones (read more)
- 2002: Local Hitachi Data Systems managers Roger Cockayne and Wayne Norrie buy a controlling 51 percent stake in the New Zealand storage operation. The business is renamed Hosting and Data centre Services (HdS) and substantially refocused on complex ICT infrastructure provision
- 2003: New data centres opened in Auckland and Wellington
- 2005: Management buyout of minority shareholder Hitachi Data Systems (HDS) completed; Hosting and Data centre Services (HdS) renamed Revera
- 2005: Revera awarded Innovator of the Year by the Human Resources Institute of New Zealand
- 2006: Revera takes independent investment and adds new board member; kicks off multi-million dollar upgrade of Albany data centre; signs 160th customer in Ministry of Transport (MOT)
- 2008: Opens Christchurch and Hamilton data centres; launches Type R super cooled Ecopods for high density computing overhaul
- 2010: MIS Strategic 100 lists Revera as a top-15 strategically important New Zealand IT company
- 2011: Revera appointed one of three ICT companies to cross-government Infrastructure-as-a-Service supplier panel
- 2012: Revera opens fifth data centre - a new Tier-3 facility in Upper Hutt's Alexander Industrial Park, Wellington
- 2012: Revera forms the Stack Alliance - a multi-vendor community of local IT software and service providers offering ICT stack choice and flexibility to public sector buyers of IaaS
- 2012: Revera appointed sole provider spearheading Microsoft's Partner Hosted Productivity Cloud (PHPC) in New Zealand
Why Revera. What other infrastructure providers claim to be (read more)
- 2012: Revera appointed NetApp Platinum partner and delivers NetApp's single largest New Zealand order
Beliefs (read more)
Cloud calibre: You don’t have a cloud without three local synchronised data centres offering tick-box services to get the level of protection your environment needs. We call it Revera Homeland™ utility computing infrastructure. Guaranteed service levels and data sovereignty delivered from triangulated New Zealand-based data centres.
New Zealand's leading computing infrastructure provider: We engineer and operate our own data centres, including Type-R Eco-Pods delivering granular control to high density computing environments. It’s all we’ve ever done.
Local ownership, local focus: You'll never be stranded. Your data is here. And you can get to the computers and the people running them.
Experts by any standard: Our computing infrastructure services today draw on over 20 years of big iron solutions design and deployment, over a decade of complex multi-tenanted hosting, and advanced data centre design and construction.
Responsible: Revera data centres are located away from flight paths (South Auckland), tsunami risk areas (Wellington Harbour and CBD), volcanic activity (Auckland Isthmus) and sandy foundations (Wellington CBD/Kapiti Coast). And our data centre controls use less energy to maintain appropriate data centre temperatures.
100 percent uptime: Our services run at nothing less then 100 percent.
Mad about service: The last thing clients want is to be hamstrung by overseas-based management decision-making. Being 100 percent locally owned and managed means Revera support really is 24x7x365. When there’s an issue, you deal with a locally based support team, built around your technical and business needs, functioning in your time zone.
We love what we do and making a positive difference for clients. We don’t just go through the motions – everything is done enthusiastically, honestly, and with integrity. It mightn’t sound like a big deal, but our clients will tell you that it is.
Focus: We're also different for our narrow focus – IT infrastructure, the heart and lungs of business IT. That's all we've ever done.
Culture: From day one we’ve broken the mould, combining unique infrastructure services with like-minded team members. Instead of egos, agendas, and broken promises, Revera lives by truth, transparency and humility.
Innovate to lead: Specialisation promotes deep thinking and new approaches to old problems. You see it in our big stuff, like Revera’s Type-R Eco-Pods, and so-called smaller things, like pricing flexibility. We’re not interested in same-same. We deliver what’s required, not what’s on the shelf. That’s why we’re able to challenge heavyweights and consistently punch above our weight.
Result: Revera services are what competitors claim to deliver. They never stop (nine years without interruption) and are delivered on New Zealand business terms.